1 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-09-13 13:12:05)

Topic: Different Shades of Blue - Best Buy Exclusive - Three Bonus Tracks

EDIT 9/13/14:  New link and a new price $13.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/different-s … 5&cp=1

Just stumbled upon this (and didn't see it mentioned prior ... via Posts search ... if so, my apologies.)

Looks like Best Buy has an exclusive release with three Bonus Tracks:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/different-s … 4&cp=1

1. Hey Baby ( New Risng Sun)
2. OH Beautiful!
3. Love Ain't A Love Song
4. Living On The Moon
5. Heartache Follows Wherever I Go
6. Never Give All Your Heart
7. I gave up everything for you,cept the blues
8. Different Shades Of Blue
9. Get Back My Tommorrow
10. Trouble Town
11. So, What Would I Do

12. Scarlet Town [Bonus Track]
13. Better The Devil You Know [Bonus Track]
14. Black Irish Eyes [Bonus Track]

(Usually like to purchase via Joe's store ... looks like will have to hit Best Buy as well on this one - only see the 11 track at the JB Store.)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Re: Different Shades of Blue - Best Buy Exclusive - Three Bonus Tracks

I pre-ordered the digi book with a mug,  you would think that the digi would have the bonus tracks but it does not.  I can't believe Best Buy has bonus tracks and the JB store does not,  I am going to cancel my order and save the $11.00 shipping charge.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Yeah, kind of disappointed to preorder, pay and extra $5 for shipping and not get the bonus tracks.  Cool that Best Buy is doing it, and a great incentive to get people to retail, but I'd rather give my money right to J&R Adventures... I don't know.  Thanks for the heads up anyways, I guess I'll have to think about it for a bit.

newbonafan wrote:

I pre-ordered the digi book with a mug,  you would think that the digi would have the bonus tracks but it does not.  I can't believe Best Buy has bonus tracks and the JB store does not,  I am going to cancel my order and save the $11.00 shipping charge.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I'd do the same. Especially $11 shipping, jeez.

This is not the first time a retailer gets an exclusive deal for a cd.I think first time for Joe.must mean he is hitting the big time.However, it would seem there should be a way to give a heads up to the loyal fans, via forum or through the street team. Had I got the regular cd in the mail and then found out about this, would not be happy.Kind of takes the incentive out of pre order, or buying a package deal if the cd in the package is without the bonus tracks.
This is a new thing so maybe next time around J&R could think this through a little better.
I don't know how the exclusive dealio works maybe that's the way it has to be done.
But I would bet next time preorders through the main site would be down as people would wait and see on the bonus track possibility.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

It's a wierd new world in the music biz nowadays.I do think Joe has a great marketing team and you can get a Joe product for just about anything under the sun you heart desires from beach balls to ice cubes!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Well now I am glad I waited to preorder.  Give me bonus tracks any day.  I usually end up with more than one copy of a cd anyways.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

8 (edited by DougH 2014-09-03 07:25:34)

what's even sadder...
Bestbuy.com has it.. Bestbuy.ca does not..

so we in Canada can't order it through our BestBuy

our cd music store HMV.ca now list Shade's on their web site at $17.99 but don't say what the track listing is sad

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Well glad I waited to pre-order. I have to admit I wouldn't be too happy if I pre-ordered and then found out after there were bonus tracks available at BB. I know we are not suppose to be negative about much but....

Dont need a helmet to get me through life-walk across the water blame it on foolish pride.

PORTLAND2012/SPRINGFIELD2012/BOSTON2013/HAMPTON BEACH2014/BANGOR2015/PORTLAND2016/PORTLAND2017

10 (edited by Hogsniper 2014-08-31 16:57:30)

I guess we now know the reason for the freebies with the store copy.  In hindsight there was really no reason for them otherwise.   I have both on order now.  Guess someone is going to get a JB disc for Christmas this year.

I've done the pre-order/t-shirt deal in the past but I did not for this release.  Glad I waited this time.  Besides, I'd planned to just order off of Amazon for the $4 savings and free shipping. Guess I'll be headed to Best Buy instead smile

I guess us faithful JB fans that jumped on the pre-order to support our favorite guitar player just got screwed. That's not right. I'm very disappointed.

This is no small thing since Joe rarely creates a throwaway song these days.

Wow! thanks for posting this. I do want the extra tracks and I don't see why they can't be given to posters - perhaps free downloads?  I would be way po'd if I had bought it already from Joe's store.

On the plus side I notice that Joe is covering Hendrix's Hey Baby ( New Risng Sun) - that is a super tune to start with. It's one of Hendrix's last songs (recorded at Electric Lady) and is very beautiful.

SBS

What about the UK?

I REALLY EFFING HATE when labels do this sh1t.....  just put out ONE album, everywhere- because I got news for you- I ain't buying two. Not ever.  It's a ridiculous marketing ploy.

17 (edited by timb 2014-09-01 08:49:25)

Hogsniper wrote:

I guess we now know the reason for the freebies with the store copy.  In hindsight there was really no reason for them otherwise.   I have both on order now.  Guess someone is going to get a JB disc for Christmas this year.

That's what I'll do. I preordered from Amazon, and now I'll buy from "best" buy too. (Buying from there needs the quotes around "Best" :-)

So I'll give the other one away and make a new Bonafan, and keep spreading the word, though it is clearly well out now.

Not impressed at all ..

Like most of u .. I jumped all over the pre-order to support my favorite artist

It's not about the dosh .. $31.59 USD + Canadian conversion

Just leaves me scratchin my head  roll

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!