Topic: Hello from the center of the universe!

Hey fellow Bonamassa fans,

My name is Eileen and I live in NYC. My friend Alan took me to my first Joe Bonamassa concert on May 16, 2013 at The Beacon Theatre. I have been a huge fan ever since. Like many people, my initial reaction to Alan's invite was "Joe who??". I even had a hard time pronouncing "Bonamassa" at first. When Joe releases Different Shades Of Blue on September 23rd, it is my opinion that no one will ever have to say, "Joe who??" again.
Thank you Mr. Bonamassa for KEEPING THE BLUES ALIVE!!

2 (edited by Rusty 2014-08-23 08:11:57)

Re: Hello from the center of the universe!

Welcome! Your story is typical, I've heard it over and over how people hear Joe's music, get hooked quickly, and then wonder, how did I not know about this guy. In fact, that was my basic story a few years ago.

Welcome aboard!

Cheers

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Welcome to the forum, Eileen!!  As Rusty said, your story is similar to so many others...including myself.  My "discovery" of Joe was just earlier this Spring.  That's crazy to think that he's been under the wire to me for so long.  Oh well, I'm/we're on board now. 

Enjoy the forum!!!!!!

Welcome to a great friendly forum. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Hey tc!  Good to have you along.  I saw Joe the first time there too, but on the 18th. 

Oh, by the way, you are south of the center of the universe since that is where I am!!  wink

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

Can't be. Everyone knows Yorkshire is the centre of the universe and always was. lol

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Welcome, Eileen! Have fun here and enjoy the topics.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! I just received some iTunes gift cards and would love some input as to what Bonamassa albums are a must for my collection. I already own Beacon Theater (Live From New York), Had To Cry Today, Blues Deluxe, Live From the Royal Albert Hall, and So It's Like That. Of course I have already pre-ordered Different Shades of Blue. Please let me know what you like and what I need to add to my collection. Thanks to all.......Best, Eileen

tclawrence wrote:

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! I just received some iTunes gift cards and would love some input as to what Bonamassa albums are a must for my collection. I already own Beacon Theater (Live From New York), Had To Cry Today, Blues Deluxe, Live From the Royal Albert Hall, and So It's Like That. Of course I have already pre-ordered Different Shades of Blue. Please let me know what you like and what I need to add to my collection. Thanks to all.......Best, Eileen

Welcome!

All are a must smile 

Two of my favorites that you are missing are The Ballad of John Henry and Live at the Rockpalast.

Eileen, so nice to have you here!  You will fit right in!

You already have several of my faves, which include RAH and SILT.  As Hog says, you must get them all!  You can't go wrong.  Sometimes the JB Store has special discount deals around the holidays for CDs (but usually EXcludes DVDs).

Enjoy your new Bonafamily.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Welcome to the land of all things Joe
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Welcome to the forum Eileen...the TRUE center of the universe!
By all indications, you'll fit right in.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Hey Eileen .. Welcome to the forum!

Enjoy the topics .. feel free to jump right in

Cheers!  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!