1 (edited by ticemusic 2014-08-18 09:40:45)

Topic: Joe's Gibson Flying V 1981 Heritage series (from No.1 Hamburg,germany)

Hello to all,

I am a Joe Bonamassa fan since years and I don't know any other guitarplayer like him with this huge repertoire of guitar styles, which impressed me with every new song.

I am from germany and I sold my Gibson Flying V 1981 Heritage a long time ago to Thomas Weilbier from No.1 guitars in Hamburg, germany.
As I saw a few years ago that Joe bought a Flying V from them I thought it must be a good deal, because I know how they work at No.1, its one of the best dealers here in germany.
But, of course, I never thought that it could be my old guitar.

But a few weeks ago I saw a whole concert with Joe and he played the guitar two or three songs and when the cam shows Joe playing close up his hands and guitar I thought ... ooops ... this could be my old treasure.

You have to know I owned many guitars over 30 years of making music but I only really miss my first Strat and even this Flying V !
I always hoped that some time I will have the chance to get it back, because I have so many pleasant memories and remember so funny gigs and recording sessions with this guitar.

Today I found a few old photos of my guitar and I post it here. Okay, maybe I am wrong, but I think Joe owns my old Flying V!

Now it seems its a very hard way to get it back! Or better ... I think I have no chance.
If ist not my old guitar ... sorry for wasting your time!

But if "she" is, and when she is now well and often used by Joe, of course it makes me proud and happy!

(But Hello Joe ... if you ever want to sell it ... think of me ... and give it to other magic hands, because I dont have the money to buy it back).

But again ... if its my old guitar, I am so proud that YOU play this fantastic music with this extraordinaire talent on this instrument!

I hope you can see the photos! Tell me what you think! But notice, Joe changed the black to white plastic parts.
But you can see the wood grain and all the details in it.

dropbox.com/sc/vgo081rjnqwyu14/AACCxQyWGoSExfhKslCaJruMa

dropbox.com/sc/d488l38gc9xv4tq/AADLFg-HMF9p2HDrolet0Zida

dropbox.com/sc/2l3vyu0xnleihzl/AABtoVWqeGkYY_IFesfeN1Rha

Kindest regards from germany

Hans-Peter

BigManRockin'  from germany

2 (edited by Rusty 2014-08-18 09:24:38)

Re: Joe's Gibson Flying V 1981 Heritage series (from No.1 Hamburg,germany)

You wont be able to post links until you have reached a certain number of posts. You can still type in the URL without the http://...

http://jbonamassa.com/joes-guitar-of-th … -flying-v/

http://jbonamassa.com/wp-content/upload … 52-095.jpg

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Okay ... thanks Rusty !

Hey Rusty,

thanks for your help, but maybe you can help me with my special problem.

I tried searching for a very good close up of Joe's 1981 Flying V, but pictures are hard to find.
I know he used also this 1983 Version and I saw many pictures of that guitar.

I never thought Joe is using my old V, but as I saw a 3 to 4 year old concert I was very surprised,
because it looked like mine. Unfortunately I couldnt find my pictures, but found it today, and I am flashed.

Maybe you know where to find pics of that special guitar? The pics I found seems to fit my expectation.

Thanks in advance !

HaPe

5 (edited by cindyron 2014-08-18 10:51:18)

ticemusic wrote:

Hey Rusty,

I tried searching for a very good close up of Joe's 1981 Flying V, but pictures are hard to find.

I never thought Joe is using my old V, but as I saw a 3 to 4 year old concert I was very surprised,
because it looked like mine. Unfortunately I couldnt find my pictures, but found it today, and I am flashed.

Maybe you know where to find pics of that special guitar? The pics I found seems to fit my expectation.

Thanks in advance !

HaPe

That guitar was Adam Ants which I believe Joe has already sold
cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

No Cindyron,

you think of the 1983 Heritage Flying V!

I am talking about the one he bought a few years ago in Hamburg/germany! Its an 1981 Heritage Series V !

But, thanks for your post. Everything could help !

Greetings from germany

HaPe

Yeah, Joe had 2 of those Flying V re-issues.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

ticemusic wrote:

No Cindyron,

you think of the 1983 Heritage Flying V!

I am talking about the one he bought a few years ago in Hamburg/germany! Its an 1981 Heritage Series V !

But, thanks for your post. Everything could help !

Greetings from germany

HaPe

Good luck on your quest

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

This one?

http://youtu.be/_Aud7AwGGb4

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

cindyron wrote:
ticemusic wrote:

Hey Rusty,

Thanks in advance !

HaPe

cheers Ron

The first V that Joe played on stage I believe was bought in Hamburg. It is not the Adam Ant V. He still owns it. Not sure if it was yours but if it is it is famous now. I think the Adam Ant V was bought in London. There was some confusion about that when it was put up for sale.

jim m wrote:
cindyron wrote:
ticemusic wrote:

Hey Rusty,

Thanks in advance !

HaPe

cheers Ron

The first V that Joe played on stage I believe was bought in Hamburg. It is not the Adam Ant V. He still owns it. Not sure if it was yours but if it is it is famous now. I think the Adam Ant V was bought in London. There was some confusion about that when it was put up for sale.

Thanks for the info I thought Joe had sold the Adam ant V
cheers Ron

cindyron wrote:
jim m wrote:
cindyron wrote:

cheers Ron

cheers Ron

He did sell it. I just don't think it was bought in Hamburg. I know it was the second V he bought. I know it was the one that toured with BCC. I just don't think it was bought in Hamburg. The listing said that and it may have been but the guitar he is talking about is the RAH V. Three people know the answer. Joe, Dave Pate and Colin M and unless Joe chimes in who knows for sure.

I just found this. The Adam Ant guitar was bought in London. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-Bonamassas- … 2ec52047c3

The Adam Ant Flying V was bought at Vintage and Rare in London...as per the linked post by Joe up thread...

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Adrian J wrote:

The Adam Ant Flying V was bought at Vintage and Rare in London...as per the linked post by Joe up thread...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-Bonamassas- … 2ec52047c3

Here is the history of the Adam Ant V the Youtube of the guitar at the RAH is the Hamburg V.

jim m wrote:
cindyron wrote:
jim m wrote:

cheers Ron

He did sell it. I just don't think it was bought in Hamburg. I know it was the second V he bought. I know it was the one that toured with BCC. I just don't think it was bought in Hamburg. The listing said that and it may have been but the guitar he is talking about is the RAH V. Three people know the answer. Joe, Dave Pate and Colin M and unless Joe chimes in who knows for sure.

I just found this. The Adam Ant guitar was bought in London. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-Bonamassas- … 2ec52047c3

j
So  joe sold the RAH V? I thought he still had that . I would have loved to have that to go with its mate the Joe's explorer that I have.

cindyron wrote:
jim m wrote:
cindyron wrote:

cheers Ron

j
So  joe sold the RAH V? I thought he still had that . I would have loved to have that to go with its mate the Joe's explorer that I have.

Ron what we have here is a failure to communicate. The RAH V he still has. The Adam Ant V has been sold. The RAH V was bought in Hamburg and The Adam Ant V was bought in London. So the original post is about the V that was bought in Hamburg. Wanting to know if it is the one he sold to the dealer in Hamburg. I think only 3 people know for sure. Joe, Dave, and Colin who were all present when he bought the Hamburg V.

jim m wrote:
cindyron wrote:
jim m wrote:

j

Got it thanks Jim.

Ron what we have here is a failure to communicate. The RAH V he still has. The Adam Ant V has been sold. The RAH V was bought in Hamburg and The Adam Ant V was bought in London. So the original post is about the V that was bought in Hamburg. Wanting to know if it is the one he sold to the dealer in Hamburg. I think only 3 people know for sure. Joe, Dave, and Colin who were all present when he bought the Hamburg V.

thanks Jim "failure to comm" loved that line at the beginning of GNR tune. Cheers Ron

Yes Adrian J. ... this is it!

If you compare my photos with Joe's guitar you can see that its exact this guitar.

Thanks that you replied here.

Regards from germany

HaPe