Re: The London Gig Guide

Rich Robinson, Islington Academy, 12 November

Page 1 has been updated and the autumn schedule is looking very healthy with lots of good gigs coming up for those in or near London. I’ve noticed a few alterations since the last update with Laurence Jones being rescheduled at the Boom Boom and Beaverwood Clubs to make way for VATA on their CD launch tour and Albert Lee has been cancelled at the Boom Boom and replaced by The Pink Fairies. That name takes me back a bit. smile

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

759 (edited by Murray1903 2014-07-28 12:29:16)

Richmond Fine Food and Real Ale Festival August 23rd - 25th. Featuring Jo Harman and Company, Kat & Co, The Mustangs, LaVendore Rogue and many more.

http://www.richmondfoodandale.co.uk/tak … the-stage/

Edit : Cancelled!!

Today is the fourth anniversary of the start of the London Gig Guide. Thank you to all who have contributed by posting details of forthcoming gigs over the years, aspecially those who don't live in or even near the smoke - which is probably most of the contributors. smile

Although there have been nearly 75k views, it would be good to know that others find it useful. Not for a pat on the back but to know if you'd miss it if I retired - it could happen. wink

On the basis that it's useful and I keep going, here's to the next four years of the Gig Guide and many more years of superb gigs in London.

Wherever you live get out and support your local venues and touring bands - they need you!

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”

Needless to say Phil, I would miss it big time as I am in London once or twice a year smile

Keep up the good work.

762 (edited by BansheeUK 2014-07-31 05:46:38)

Congrats from your spin-off up't north....

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Flying Colors - Monday 13th October - Islington Assembly Hall

Flying Colors are,

Steve Morse
Mike Portnoy
Neal Morse
Dave LaRue
Casey McPherson

Support is John Wesley (Porcupine Tree)

No matter how far you try to push the envelope, it remains stationery

Metal All Stars - Tuesday 16th December - Brixton Academy

METAL ALL STARS Featuring ZAKK WYLDE (OZZY, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY), JAMES LABRIE (DREAM THEATER), GEOFF TATE (FORMERLY OF QUEENSRΫCHE), DAVE ELLEFSON (MEGADETH), JOEY BELLADONNA (ANTHRAX), ROSS THE BOSS (MANOWAR), CHUCK BILLY (TESTAMENT), CARMINE APPICE (ROD STEWART, VANILLA FUDGE), CRONOS (VENOM), KOBRA PAIGE (GENE SIMMONS RECORDS' KOBRA AND THE LOTUS), GUS G (OZZY), VINNY APPICE (DIO, BLACK SABBATH), BLASKO (OZZY, ROB ZOMBIE)

Hamilton Loomis, 100 Club, 30 June 2015

Nils Lofgren, Cadogan Hall, 14 Jan 2015 & Union Chapel, 15 Jan.

The Pineapple Thief - Wednesday 3rd December - O2 Academy Islington

The Sensational Francis Dunnery Band - Sunday 2nd November - Bush Hall

769 (edited by Kenny 2014-08-12 12:33:27)

Paul Rodgers, RAH, 3 November - The Royal Sessions

http://www.livenation.co.uk/artist/paul … %20Rodgers

Prices are £45 - £82 plus transaction fee. 02 Presale tomorrow (Wednesday)

Reasonable prices and it's for charity - Willows Sanctuary, Aberdeenshire.

770 (edited by Wooders 2014-08-12 08:35:49)

There's been a change in the pricing structure for the Daytime Stroler element of the 2014 Bluesfest at the RAH. Here's what I said a few months ago.

Wooders wrote:

Also make sure you buy your tickets direct from the RAH, not the more espensive Ticketmaster. Note also that some of the artists we'll want to see are in the Elgar Room and there will be a premium of £5.10 to get into this room. Details of how to upgrade are on the RAH website for each day's Stroller.

Until yesterday, the £5.10 additional charge to get into the Elgar room was per performance, which meant a potential up to £15.30 for the three shows per day on top of the general admission. I'm not sure how much the general admission fee was, but £15 rings a bell. It now seems that the powers that be have had a change of heart and the price of a Daytime Stroller ticket has been changed to £20.40, which includes entry to any and all performances on that day. I think that's the first time I've ever heard of the price of a show ticket effectively being reduced. Have they received complaints about the previous pricing structure, I wonder?

Here's the statement on the RAH website:

"Please note that stroller tickets with optional upgrades are no longer available. The daytime pricing structure has been changed so that for just £20.40 (including booking fees), you'll get access to 15 shows a day, including all the Elgar Room sessions (subject to availability). Any Elgar Room Sessions upgrade tickets which were purchased before Monday 11 August will allow guaranteed entry to the sessions booked."

So, if you've already paid for your general admission ticket price and a per performance upgrade, you're guaranteed entry to the Elgar room for that show but no mention of a refund if you've already paid a total in excess of £20.40! hmm

Details here Bluesfest website and here RAH Bluesfest pages

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

That's a 100% hike Phil - day time tickets were only £10 last year and for that we got RSB plus some other artists.

They must have received some complaints I reckon. Either that or tickets for the Elgar Room weren't selling.

Colosseum - Sat 28th February 2015 - 02 Shepherds Bush Empire

Seminal 70s jazz fusion rockers, reformed and featuring original members Jon Hiseman, Chris Farlowe, Dave Greenslade, Dave 'Clem' Clempson & Mark Clarke.

Larry McCray, Jazz Cafe, October 1st

UFO - May 7th 2015 - The Forum