Re: Somebody has a new VERTEX board...

RickB wrote:
helrazr84 wrote:

Nowhere did I see or read that this is a new Main Board or a "Signature Board" in any capacity.

I saw it as a builder who is proud of his work, showing a project for a professional artist who also thought highly of his capabilities, to enlist him to tweak/rework/clean-up an effects board. The Vertex badge riveted on the aluminum boarder is advertisement anyway when this board is used.

I didn't gather from the video that Vertex was looking to sell anything based off anyone's name as he states in the comments section and commentary that some of the products on the board are not for sale to the public. As Devan has said, Vertex has a growing reputation however I don't see how this video was in any way meant to damage that. We all as gear enthusiasts thought it was cool to see it and gain an insight as to how it is wired and how it works. Nothing more.

I took it that way too. As an engineer I was interested in the nuances of wiring to eliminate crosstalk and loops. Both the bane of players. A nice piece of work IMO.

Yes I agree as an engineer also I thought they did a great job. The should have contacted Joe before they did a full blown layout on their website. That is not cool.

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

While the board looks to be a very nicely pro built set up, plug and play anyplace in the world, out of respect for their customer it would have been nice if they had asked said customer for their approval prior to releasing a promotional video. big oops. sad

Spider wrote:

While the board looks to be a very nicely pro built set up, plug and play anyplace in the world, out of respect for their customer it would have been nice if they had asked said customer for their approval prior to releasing a promotional video. big oops. sad

Totally agree !

"Everybody's entitled to my opinion. wink

I agree he should be proud of his work. Mason is very nice guy. I think I probably should plugged it up first before seeing it posted over the Internet. That is all I am saying.

It's a tough business and a very competitive one. I get it on one hand but....

Joe B

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I agree he should be proud of his work. Mason is very nice guy. I think I probably should plugged it up first before seeing it posted over the Internet. That is all I am saying.

It's a tough business and a very competitive one. I get it on one hand but....

Joe B

Yeah Joe a rough business but they should have never released a vid or posted it on their Web site without your ok. Very bad form if you ask me. Cheers you Rock

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

24 (edited by wishkahdaddy 2014-04-12 08:06:05)

I absolutely hate it when I have a new pedal board wired for me or a new rig built and the builder plasters it all over the net before I even see it! Or wait, come to think of it, that's actually never happened to me. Lol
Last year Mason at Vertex was going to wire me up a board but the cost was just too much for me. I'll bet the price of the board he would NOT have plastered my board over the net marketing my name.  While I most certainly agree that he should have asked Joe first, I also think one could look at the flip side and be flattered by the gesture. Congrats Joe!

wishkahdaddy wrote:

I absolutely hate it when I have a new pedal board wired for me or a new rig built and the builder plasters it all over the net before I even see it! Or wait, come to think of it, that's actually never happened to me. Lol
Last year Mason at Vertex was going to wire me up a board but the cost was just too much for me. I'll bet the price of the board he would NOT have plastered my board over the net marketing my name.  While I most certainly agree that he should have asked Joe first, I also think one could look at the flip side and be flattered by the gesture. Congrats Joe!

Yeah it should have been 1) asked Joe permission 2)Joe is flattered and grants permission for them to post. Cheers Ron

If I remodeled your kitchen and brought prospective clients into your house without permission would you still feel flattered?

Bringing strangers into your home to show off a remodel job is a bit different than a pedalboard being posted online but I think the issue has been cleared up.

I would absolutely feel flattered! The real question is, "Bro when can you start the remodel job? My kitchen needs it! Lol
All in fun boys....enjoy the day!

Spider wrote:

If I remodeled your kitchen and brought prospective clients into your house without permission would you still feel flattered?

29 (edited by DaGlenster 2014-07-25 14:44:14)

Have you guys seen the current thread on TGP about Vertex's Axis Wah? It turns out to be a gooped BBE Ben Wah. Maybe not so much a "nice" guy: Page 41 has a good summary of the issues. http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth … mp;page=41

From the thread.

I don't know how anyone can look at the two gut shots and think they are look at anything but a BBE wah, but then I guess most people don't know what they're looking at, because they aren't sourcing parts or anything like that.

For review, here are the pictures:
Side-by-side #1
Side-by-side #2
Degooping
degoop next to inductor.
Bottom of the board, showing no desoldering. (I guess you'll just have to trust people who know what wave soldering and a desoldered PCB looks like)

Lots of people have pointed out that the resistors are the same. That's irrelevant ... 1% resistors all look basically the same.

wow, this thread turned into a total TGP-style debacle. The video was even set to private. Maybe what needs to happen is people stick to gear talk, and perhaps gain some identity of their own by not worrying so much what signature gear is out there and jumping the gun to get it first. it's just pedals, guitars, amps, and not someone's integrity. sheesh.

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars: 2x 1962 LPs , 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 64 SG Special, 63 LP Jr, 73 LPC
Effects: Van Weelden ROD