Topic: favorite Joe song that's a deep cut

What is your favorite Joe songs that are deep on a studio album? Mine are (12) prisoner from Dust Bowl.
(9) funkier than a mosquito tweeter from John Henry , (7) Around the Bend from Sloe Gin,(8) Tea for One and (11)Torn Down from You and Me, and (11) Walking Blues from Blues Deluxe. () is track listing on that album.

Re: favorite Joe song that's a deep cut

Most tracks from A New Day Yesterday, like "Headaches to Heatbreaks", "Trouble Waitin", "Current Situation", etc. I also enjoy "Unbroken" and "Takin The Hit" from SILT. I love "Revenge of the 10 Gallon Hat" from HTCT, "Dirt in my Pocket" from Sloe Gin, I agree with "Funkier than a mosquito's tweeter" and I add "As the Crow Flies" from TBOJH, from Black Rock, "Quarryman's Lament", "Three Times A Fool", "Night Time (with BB King)", and "Baby You Gotta Change Your Mind" and "The Last Matador of Bayonne" from Dust Bowl

I'm broke, motherf**ker!

Jane H. wrote:

another question of questionable semantics IMO wink smile
to me deep cuts remind me of what they never play on the radio. with Joe's tunes, its a sore subject with me to say the least!
so do you just mean something toward the end of the album?
if so i would go with Pain and Sorrow (9) Taking the Hit (10) although both got tons of setlist action
Mumbling Word (12)
Too Much Ain't Enough(11)
When the Sun Goes Down ! (10)
Richmond (10)
Blue and Evil (12)
Sista Jane (11)
Cold (11)
Since You're Gone (10)

Yes songs that are towards the bottom of the album.

Jane H. wrote:

another question of questionable semantics IMO wink smile

big_smile Love it, Jane!

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I considered deep cuts songs that were never played live (or few times a long time ago) or have never been in the spotlight of the fans/talk, etc... songs that are out of the radar!

I'm broke, motherf**ker!

Funkier than...Is one of my wife's favorite Joe songs.  We like going out to the local bar and play pool, once in a while.  I know at some point she is going to be at the juke box and one of the songs is going to be Funkier than...

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

Dirt In My Pocket while not far down on the list of  Sloe Gin has never been played live but is one of my top Favorite Joe songs.

wvgirlinky wrote:

Dirt In My Pocket while not far down on the list of  Sloe Gin has never been played live but is one of my top Favorite Joe songs.

Also in my personal Joe's Greatest Hits compilation along with Walking Blues.

9 (edited by Rocket 2014-07-22 10:16:53)

wvgirlinky wrote:

Now we're getting somewhere!  You voided going plural, while not gouging out grit from the deep crevices of coveralls, but instead the Sunday best dress pleaded pants,..."Dirt In My Pocket" is a fracking gas! tongue

I'll suggest people try putting on headphones and take a deep, dark listen to "Wandering Earth."  Beware of the IED (infernal emotional designs), you are cutting deeply close to hell.

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

wvgirlinky wrote:

A big +1, Mary!!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

11 (edited by ZeyerGTR 2014-07-22 10:41:13)

Rocket wrote:

I'll suggest people try putting on headphones and take a deep, dark listen to "Wandering Earth."  Beware of the IED (infernal emotional designs), you are cutting deeply close to hell.

I think that's a great call.  I'd also suggest "I Know A Place" - one of my favorite tracks on Black Rock.  Killer solo, great lyrics - just a powerful and dark song.

No Slack
Man of Many Words
Torn Down
Wandering Earth
Dirt In My Pocket
Black Night
Somewhere Trouble Don't Go

to name a few

Black Night...I keep holding out hope that this shows up in the setlist someday.

Rocket, Wandering Earth is one of my faves.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

The Hard Way
Long Distance Blues
Left Overs
Man Of Many Words
Travellin' South (my number 1 in this group)
Torn Down
Black Night
As The Crow Flies
Wandering Earth (the live version recorded for Paul Jones show back in 2010 is fantastic!)
The Meaning Of The Blues
Heavenly Soul

Lots of albums so lots of "deep tracks".

I'll go with the Rocket Man with Wandering Earth so deep it has been  spotted in China!
Funkier than
Heartbreaker from Dust Bowl
Lie #1
Dirt In My Pocket too

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

16 (edited by Rocket 2014-07-23 01:20:07)

Lee wrote:

Wandering Earth (the live version recorded for Paul Jones show back in 2010 is fantastic!)

Oh, man is it! big_smile

Lee wrote:

I like to think they're all deep tracks, but maybe that's because I've always been a deep kind of guy...and Joe's deep commitment does indeed Strike A Deep Chord. wink

I went even "deeper" in the slow blues topic we just had with "From The Valley," so it could've been here, as well as "Wandering Earth" could've been in that slow blues thread. cool

Rock ON & Keep the Deep Rooted Faith,
Rocket

Rocket wrote:
Lee wrote:

Oh, man is it! big_smile

Lee wrote:

I like to think they're all deep tracks, but maybe that's because I've always been a deep kind of guy...and Joe's deep commitment does indeed Strike A Deep Chord. wink

I went even "deeper" in the slow blues topic we just had with "From The Valley," so it could've been here, as well as "Wandering Earth" could've been in that slow blues thread. cool

Rocket

That's what I call some deep thinking!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

gary wrote:
Rocket wrote:
Lee wrote:

Oh, man is it! big_smile

Lee wrote:

Rocket

That's what I call some deep thinking!

Oh man.....it's getting real deep around here!

Why don't we eliminate all the warning labels and let things sort themselves out?