Re: Tedeschi Trucks Band

Murray1903 wrote:

TTB have a few gigs confirmed for late April/early May in Europe. Hopefully some UK dates to be added, fingers crossed.

Guess who's on holiday then. sad Let's hope they come to the UK first.

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Pete's video of The Storm from RAH has actually been posted on the official TTB fb page. Good going.

...glad they liked it Dave! ...uploaded Angel From Montgomery... lovely song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEBO1qaOcjE

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Cheers, Pete. I've added the link into the setlist in my post on the previous page. We've almost completed the set between us. smile  If you have any others, including the ones I've uploaded, please put them up for us all. I'll amend the links to yours.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”

Part of Me... lovely to Susan and band having so much fun here... was reluctant to pan right because of that damn handrail...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yRk5DIF-nw

R. Buckminster Fuller

132 (edited by Wooders 2013-11-14 12:18:46)

Thanks Pete, I'll check it out when I can. I'm sure it will be faaantastic! I've added the link to the set list on the previous page - we'va almost got the full set between us. If you have any others, including any that I've uploaded, please post links and I'll update the setlist links.

Cheers
Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

I saw them three times on their recent Beacon run. Dickey Betts showed at one of the shows, looked lucid and didn't complain for a change. I had seen Dickey in a club a few months back and was not impressed at all. It appeared that no one checked out the venue and the amount of equipment on that small stage was amazing. Dickey seemed annoyed throughout the first set. But TTB was great as usual.

Alan

Phil,heres 'I Know'... i have Midnight In Harlem but seeing as you were right next to me they are pretty much identical funny enough! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S97NgPGKaF4

...that all i have,sorry!

R. Buckminster Fuller

Cheers Pete.  No need to apologise, we've almost got the whole show covered with just the opening Made Up Mind absent. You're being too kind about my Midnight. I'm sure yours is better.

Still no UK dates for next spring on the TTB website.

P

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

Wonderful show last night in Cologne! Catch them if you can......

quicks

quicks wrote:

quicks

Yes, ticket to catch them at the Moulin Blues Festival in Ospel is already in the house and some more to start May:

1 May: JJ Grey Mofro, Piano Dortmund
2 May: Tedeschi Trucks, Johnny Lang, Maison du Malheur, Patrick Sweaney, Claude Hay, The Mighty Mojo Prophets, John F. Klaver Band in Ospel, NL
4 May: Ryan McGarvey opening for Kenny Wayne Shephard, Atak, Enschede NL

Great clips folks .. thanks for posting
They appear to be in fine form cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Blues Sissi wrote:
quicks wrote:

quicks

Yes, ticket to catch them at the Moulin Blues Festival in Ospel is already in the house and some more to start May:

1 May: JJ Grey Mofro, Piano Dortmund
2 May: Tedeschi Trucks, Johnny Lang, Maison du Malheur, Patrick Sweaney, Claude Hay, The Mighty Mojo Prophets, John F. Klaver Band in Ospel, NL
4 May: Ryan McGarvey opening for Kenny Wayne Shephard, Atak, Enschede NL

Klingt gut! ;-)

quicks wrote:

quicks

Yes, I will . . . tomorrow in Berlin!!!!

Yeah, it was nice to meet you at the Downtown Bluesclub, quicks.
Remembering your t-shirt it, could it be that we meet again at the Fabrik in July?

Bonapostle wrote:
quicks wrote:

quicks

Yes, I will . . . tomorrow in Berlin!!!!

Yeah, it was nice to meet you at the Downtown Bluesclub, quicks.
Remembering your t-shirt it, could it be that we meet again at the Fabrik in July?

A bit late, to wish you fun, but I think you have had some fun?

For the Mule-show: I hope they will add some more shows in my region, because it is hard to manage with my work, but we will see..... it is not a bad idee to see Mule at the Fabrik, the last time I have been is around 30 years ago.......

quicks

Saw them last night in Berlin. To just say they blew me away would be an understatement.

Many great songs, two ubertight drummers, funky horns, out of this world guitar playing and singing and lots and lots of improvisation made for an unforgettable night.

I was also amazed to see that derek plugged directly into his amps. He got so many different, beautiful sounds out of his SG.

Catch them if they're near you!

Silhouette89 wrote:

Saw them last night in Berlin. To just say they blew me away would be an understatement.

Many great songs, two ubertight drummers, funky horns, out of this world guitar playing and singing and lots and lots of improvisation made for an unforgettable night.

I was also amazed to see that derek plugged directly into his amps. He got so many different, beautiful sounds out of his SG.

Catch them if they're near you!

Agree! Outstanding show!

It would have been nice to meet you there. I stood frontrow on the right side.

Here's the setlist:

GET WHAT YOU DESERVE

DO I LOOK WORRIED

MISUNDERSTOOD

IT'S SO HEAVY

DON'T MISS ME

PART OF ME

LOVE HAS SOMETHING

SKY IS CRYING

IDLE WIND

MORE & MORE

MIDNIGHT IN HARLEM

I KNOW

BOUND FOR GLORY

Encore:

PALACE / SPACE CAPTN

THE STORM

Luckily I don't have to wait three years to see them again . . .
They'll be in Hamburg in July together with Jeff Beck!!!

I really enjoyed JJ Grey & Mofro as support. First time, but not the last . . .

144 (edited by Silhouette89 2014-04-29 17:32:54)

Bonapostle wrote:

Agree! Outstanding show!

It would have been nice to meet you there. I stood frontrow on the right side.

Luckily I don't have to wait three years to see them again . . .
They'll be in Hamburg in July together with Jeff Beck!!!

I really enjoyed JJ Grey & Mofro as support. First time, but not the last . . .

Hey there,

I was in 3rd row on the right side big_smile I'm visiting this board to rarely otherwise we might have recognized each other.

Anyway, I also enjoyed JJ Grey and his band quite a bit, far more than just a support act. Also I'm thinking of catching tedeschi trucks in Frankfurt later this year, I'm still awed by the show they put on.