Topic: Hello from Central Illinois

Hello,

I’m new to the forum and I saw that there was a “introduction” forum so I thought that I’d introduce myself.  My wife and I are both relatively new to JB and his music.  We were recently turned on to his Royal Albert Hall DVD and it didn’t take us long at all to be hooked.  That same night I looked at his website to check out his tour dates and lo and behold he was going to be in Peoria, IL (4-22-14) which is about 30 miles from where we live.  About 30 seconds later I was buying tickets for the show.  Seventh row, just left of center…hello.

To say that my wife and I enjoyed the Peoria show would be a gross understatement.  It was absolutely outstanding!!  Definitely one of my favorite concerts!!  From his acoustic set through his electric set, it was mind blowing.  It took us a few extra minutes to leave the Civic Center because my wife had to scoop up my jaw that had dropped to the floor during the show.  It was that amazing.

His guitar chops are off the charts amazing but we also really enjoy his voice as well.  Just a fantastic combination.  And then you throw in his showmanship and an amazing band of musicians and his shows are out of this world.  Since being introduced to JB and his music and especially now that we have been to one of his shows we are doing our best to spread the Joe Bonamassa gospel to all of our friends and acquaintances.

Both of our birthdays are in mid-November and I see that he just added a show in St. Louis on November 15.  If at all possible, we hope to be spending our birthday weekend with Joe in St. Louis at the Fox Theatre.

Anyway, I feel like I am way late to the party here but I feel there is a real sense of community here and I hope to be able to contribute to this forum from here on out.  By the way, my avatar is a picture that I took of Joe at the Peoria concert.

Re: Hello from Central Illinois

Welcome to the all things Joe party!

Never too late .. just got here myself after finding Joe only two years ago (my 1st question was why I dint get the memo about JB 10 years ago .. lol)

U'll soon learn these folks are an awesome bunch.

Enjoy ur stay! cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Awesome avatar picture! I was at the Peoria show as well and it was killer! He is definitely the best out there! I was also looking into going to the St. Louis show also. I used to live down there and had never gone to the Fox Theatre, i'm thinking seeing him there will be the perfect time smile Welcome!

Hi and welcome to the forum. Nice first post. You have now entered the slippery slope that leads towards addiction though!!!!!!! lol

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Thank you for the warm welcome.  It's Friday and lately Fridays have turned into JB concert night.  The house will be filled with Joe's music later this evening.  And it will most likely be loud.  You know, so my neighbors can enjoy it as well.  big_smile

Welcome! I'm new here also and I was lucky enough to see Joe live last year. I'm beginning to see a pattern here, it seems that most of us were "hooked" quite quickly, I know I was! Within a few days of finding Joe on youtube I ordered the Royal Albert Hall DVD, and I just recently got the Tour de Force box set. He has become my favorite gutarist to come along in many years.

Once again, Welcome!

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

edragoo

I just have to tell you I love that pic of you and Joe.......and that shirt he's wearing! How could you not love a celebrity who wears that kind of shirt. I love it! LOL

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
Berthold Auerbach

hi welcome to the group...enjoy the topics

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Hey ! my birthday is Nov 18th and will be spending the weekend with Joe at The FOX, maybe we will see ya there, hello from the other side of the state, St Joseph, MO

xland wrote:

Hello,

I’m new to the forum and I saw that there was a “introduction” forum so I thought that I’d introduce myself.  My wife and I are both relatively new to JB and his music.  We were recently turned on to his Royal Albert Hall DVD and it didn’t take us long at all to be hooked.  That same night I looked at his website to check out his tour dates and lo and behold he was going to be in Peoria, IL (4-22-14) which is about 30 miles from where we live.  About 30 seconds later I was buying tickets for the show.  Seventh row, just left of center…hello.

To say that my wife and I enjoyed the Peoria show would be a gross understatement.  It was absolutely outstanding!!  Definitely one of my favorite concerts!!  From his acoustic set through his electric set, it was mind blowing.  It took us a few extra minutes to leave the Civic Center because my wife had to scoop up my jaw that had dropped to the floor during the show.  It was that amazing.

His guitar chops are off the charts amazing but we also really enjoy his voice as well.  Just a fantastic combination.  And then you throw in his showmanship and an amazing band of musicians and his shows are out of this world.  Since being introduced to JB and his music and especially now that we have been to one of his shows we are doing our best to spread the Joe Bonamassa gospel to all of our friends and acquaintances.

Both of our birthdays are in mid-November and I see that he just added a show in St. Louis on November 15.  If at all possible, we hope to be spending our birthday weekend with Joe in St. Louis at the Fox Theatre.

Anyway, I feel like I am way late to the party here but I feel there is a real sense of community here and I hope to be able to contribute to this forum from here on out.  By the way, my avatar is a picture that I took of Joe at the Peoria concert.

aww thanks Ruby! Yeah I wasn't even expecting that to be the picture, I just grabbed his arm just to be closer to him haha! Clay the tour manager I think assumed that meant I was ready for the picture lol! You can definintely see the pure happiness in my face smile

rubyjt wrote:

edragoo

I just have to tell you I love that pic of you and Joe.......and that shirt he's wearing! How could you not love a celebrity who wears that kind of shirt. I love it! LOL

Xland, so nice to have you here!  Enjoy the best fan base ever.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Hey xland (and Rusty!) welcome to the forum.

Love the detailed intro's like that, love to see the similarities to my own Joe discovery story too.

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

Welcome to the forum...as my daughter says whenever she's late to a party: "It's a party, not a rocket launch". The great thing about DVD's, CD's and youtube is you can always catch up on the back catalogs and past shows!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Thanks again everyone for the very warm welcome.  After reading this forum for only a short period of time I have come to the conclusion already that this is a great forum with some really great people....following an incredibly great musician. 

Bill S wrote:

Welcome to the forum...as my daughter says whenever she's late to a party: "It's a party, not a rocket launch". The great thing about DVD's, CD's and youtube is you can always catch up on the back catalogs and past shows!

And yes, I am definitely catching up quickly with the DVDs and CDs.  LOL!!

Hello and welcome.  This forum is a great place to get caught up. I can spend hours reading on here. Hope to see you in st louie

I was at the Peoria show and after the show met a lot of great people that had just witnessed Joe's talent for the first time! For all the people in this thread who are considering the Fox Theater in St. Louis, you won't be disappointed! It is a beautiful venue! The last time Joe played there he commented to me how much he really likes the Fox, a lot of history there. Joe really loves the Hail Hail Rock n Roll with Chuck Berry that was filmed there and he remarked that it would be a cool place to do a DVD! Maybe one day!

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

W E L C O M E  From Northern ILL smile

Also get his older DVD's 

Jon smile

Hi to all, I'm Newbie in this forum. I'm very  glad to join this forum.