Re: Joe's Skinner Prototype and Magnatone Amp

First one to make ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Custom-S … SS:US:1123

128 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-04-19 13:23:42)

jclark42796 wrote:

First one to make ebay

Clicked on your link this morning ... but just dawned on me now ... has a Buy It Now price $1K under the current MAP asking price.  (And a low Serial #).  I see one offer has been declined ... one pending ... so +$1K under is even possible.

Someone must have a good relationship with a dealer ... or possibly ... a UPS driver. smile

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Ok, i've asked for one VOS model to the biggest Super Dealer here in Italy, but it seems that all the guitars are gone.
They confirmed that the Aged and Aged/Signed are sold out, there may be some more VOS, but it's not sure.
I think that this reflects the situation here in Europe, as the dealer asked both Gibson Italy and Gibson Europe.
Here in Italy the last one was sold at 5200 euros, which is a really good price compared to the prices i've seen on some UK websites (5299 pounds = 6440 euros!!!) (You have to consider that prices here in Europe have a 20/22% VAT, so a big difference from the USA dollar prices).
I've tried to sell some of my other guitars to buy one of these, but they are gone really too quickly. Now i will try to convince me that spend so much money for a guitar is absolutely crazy, but i don't think that my GAS will be fooled that easily!!! smile

Happy endless hours of great music to the fortunate players that will get one...please don't close them in a closet, let them breath, let them scream, let them play as loud as you can! smile

Fender John Mayer, Clapton CS, Ash Tele Am. Deluxe; Gibson Les Paul std. 2005, Es-335 Bonamassa (JB328), Warren Haynes; PRS Tremonti 10 Top; Asher Ben Harper Sig. / Martin D41; Taylor 914CE; Takamine TNV460SC; Rockbridge SJ & 000-12/ Two Rock Custom Reverb Signature V3; Marshall TSL100; Fender Twin Reverb '65; Orange Tiny Terror, Blackstar Artisan 15 Combo.

Stefan76 wrote:

Ok, i've asked for one VOS model to the biggest Super Dealer here in Italy, but it seems that all the guitars are gone.
They confirmed that the Aged and Aged/Signed are sold out, there may be some more VOS, but it's not sure.
I think that this reflects the situation here in Europe, as the dealer asked both Gibson Italy and Gibson Europe.
Here in Italy the last one was sold at 5200 euros, which is a really good price compared to the prices i've seen on some UK websites (5299 pounds = 6440 euros!!!) (You have to consider that prices here in Europe have a 20/22% VAT, so a big difference from the USA dollar prices).
I've tried to sell some of my other guitars to buy one of these, but they are gone really too quickly. Now i will try to convince me that spend so much money for a guitar is absolutely crazy, but i don't think that my GAS will be fooled that easily!!! smile

Happy endless hours of great music to the fortunate players that will get one...please don't close them in a closet, let them breath, let them scream, let them play as loud as you can! smile

Wiil do

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

RoadcaseBoy wrote:
jclark42796 wrote:

First one to make ebay

Clicked on your link this morning ... but just dawned on me now ... has a Buy It Now price $1K under the current MAP asking price.  (And a low Serial #).  I see one offer has been declined ... one pending ... so +$1K under is even possible.

Someone must have a good relationship with a dealer ... or possibly ... a UPS driver. smile

Some tops are better than others....some might have slight defects from the factory etc... and all of the mark up there is...

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Ordered one here in Austria. VOS. They don't have Aged. Seems like the only one, that will make it to Vienna.

HellRot wrote:

Ordered one here in Austria. VOS. They don't have Aged. Seems like the only one, that will make it to Vienna.

Pretty much the same up here in Norway, seems like the aged ones goes to us or uk??? But hey, im happy with my VOS thats on its way

You cant compare Jimmy Page with God. I mean he's cool and all, but he's no Jimmy Page!!

Just wondering how the serial numbers are allocated in the VOS and Aged. Seen that a few VOS have low serial numbers. Does it follow that the Aged will have higher serial numbers...?

JB shows: Newcastle 2015, Hammersmith nights 3&4 2015, Calling Festival 2014, Newcastle 2012, Bridlington 2010
Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls; Skinnerburst #018 (Aged), Texas Burst (Heavy Aged), Fender Custom Shop Strat '63 Relic
Amps: Mini Jubilee Head, Carol-Ann Satin

R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

Just wondering how the serial numbers are allocated in the VOS and Aged. Seen that a few VOS have low serial numbers. Does it follow that the Aged will have higher serial numbers...?

They are numbered separately.

The signed/aged will be hand numbered by Joe, 1-50

The 100 Aged will most likely have a Serial number of "SB xxx A" for Skinnerburst xxx aged.

The VOS are simply numbered "SB xxx"

This is how they have done it in the past.

jbyrd1 wrote:
R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

The 100 Aged will most likely have a Serial number of "SB xxx A" for Skinnerburst xxx aged.

Ok, cheers jbyrd1

JB shows: Newcastle 2015, Hammersmith nights 3&4 2015, Calling Festival 2014, Newcastle 2012, Bridlington 2010
Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls; Skinnerburst #018 (Aged), Texas Burst (Heavy Aged), Fender Custom Shop Strat '63 Relic
Amps: Mini Jubilee Head, Carol-Ann Satin

jbyrd1 wrote:
R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

I'm no expert but they may have changed the process on this run, I have been following four of the JB SB VOS models for sale from Sweetwater with s/n's SB 014, 020, 022 & 033.

Also the SB VOS eBay item was s/n SB 049 and I believe that seller now has another VOS#SB 060 up for auction.

That still leaves the question where the signed/aged models fall unless the prefix is different, as I suspect.

Favorite J.B. quote on Les Paul tone: "the guitar is a tactile instrument,...it can be loud but not hurtful."
Guitars: '71 LP Std., CC#8, CC#11"Rosie", LPR9 Historic reissue, LP Traditional, '73 Strat.
Amps: Marshall Silver Jubilee 2550, 2558, 2554, 2553, JCM 800, 1960A/B, Ceriatone HRM OTS 50W, Fender Blues Deluxe

bjmckay1 wrote:
jbyrd1 wrote:
R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

I'm no expert but they may have changed the process on this run, I have been following four of the JB SB VOS models for sale from Sweetwater with s/n's SB 014, 020, 022 & 033.

Also the SB VOS eBay item was s/n SB 049 and I believe that seller now has another VOS#SB 060 up for auction.

That still leaves the question where the signed/aged models fall unless the prefix is different, as I suspect.

Not sure what you mean? The VOS models start at "SB 001" and go through "SB 150". The aged will start at "SB 001 A" and go through "SB 100 A ". The aged/signed will probably Joe's signature with a "#X" also hand written by Joe, after it. I doubt he will sign them "SB", but, maybe.

jbyrd1 wrote:
bjmckay1 wrote:
jbyrd1 wrote:

Not sure what you mean? The VOS models start at "SB 001" and go through "SB 150". The aged will start at "SB 001 A" and go through "SB 100 A ". The aged/signed will probably Joe's signature with a "#X" also hand written by Joe, after it. I doubt he will sign them "SB", but, maybe.

My mistake jbyrd1, I was thinking all the models would be in sequence 001 thru 300 but I see your logic now, make perfect sense.

By the way my VOS arrived today, and what a beautiful example it is. Did someone say a new registry needed to be started???

Favorite J.B. quote on Les Paul tone: "the guitar is a tactile instrument,...it can be loud but not hurtful."
Guitars: '71 LP Std., CC#8, CC#11"Rosie", LPR9 Historic reissue, LP Traditional, '73 Strat.
Amps: Marshall Silver Jubilee 2550, 2558, 2554, 2553, JCM 800, 1960A/B, Ceriatone HRM OTS 50W, Fender Blues Deluxe

bjmckay1 wrote:
jbyrd1 wrote:
bjmckay1 wrote:

My mistake jbyrd1, I was thinking all the models would be in sequence 001 thru 300 but I see your logic now, make perfect sense.

By the way my VOS arrived today, and what a beautiful example it is. Did someone say a new registry needed to be started???

Yeah you should start it
Congrats cheers Ron

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

bjmckay1 wrote:
jbyrd1 wrote:
bjmckay1 wrote:

Yeah you should start it
Congrats cheers Ron

... shall we "improve" the registry by also providing pics of the guitars? Like a catalogue.

HellRot wrote:

... shall we "improve" the registry by also providing pics of the guitars? Like a catalogue.

Yeah great idea

The registry should at this point be broken out of a forum, and it would serve better as a webpage with a form where you can add in you name, serial and upload a jpg. Moderators, would this be possible?

something like this?
http://burstserial.com/site/serial-log.html

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool