Re: Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea-- WITH JOE!

jddarden wrote:

Looks like they're sending out the presale invites. I got 4 pm on the 21st. It's going to be a long wait for next Feb to get here. smile

I got 3:45 lol. I think they do it in 15 minute blocks. I'm still debating if I want to or not myself. Been asking some friends but they aren't sure. My Dad would love to go but can't afford it.

The randomness of when one gets booking dates will dictate if you can get the type of cabin you want. If you signed up for presale first or just today it does not matter. You could get first hour of presale or last date last hour. So the good news is if you are at the end and the cabins that are left are crap you can just not go. Well that does not sound like good news. Oh well I will see what I get. I have been on cruises before and for me where you are on the boat will determine how well your stay will be. That is yes you will not be in your cabin that often but when you are you want to sleep. Depending where you are on the boat and how rough the seas are will determine how well you sleep.
I hope to get a cabin and I hope to party to the weeeeee hours of the morning with the bonabud fans. Keep the blues alive
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

gary wrote:

Anybody ever stow away on a ship?

Ha ha  smile

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

So, Ron, for us newbie cruisers, what's the optimal cabin location? It looks like my wife will be going and I don't want her to be miserable with sea sickness in the hopes I can get her to go again. I've been trying for several years now.

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

jddarden wrote:

So, Ron, for us newbie cruisers, what's the optimal cabin location? It looks like my wife will be going and I don't want her to be miserable with sea sickness in the hopes I can get her to go again. I've been trying for several years now.

Hi jddarden,

I know you asked Ron, but if I may I'd like to throw my thoughts in on this too.  My last cruise experienced some very rough waters, San Diego to Hawaii.  I learned two things about cabin location, low and center.  My cabin was on the 4th floor, low, but near the front of the ship, not center.  The closer to the center of the ship (cg) you can get, the better.  It helps you avoid all the rolling and pitching in rough seas.  On that trip there were experienced cruisers getting sea sick who never experienced it before.

So my advanced booking time is 04/22 at 1pm!  Great!  Right in the middle of my work day!  I know I can book at any time after that too, but what a bummer.  I do have a computer in front of me at work but it does not get the internet, it's part of the crane I operate!!

I too am in the singles boat (ship?).  I need to find another body to "help keep the blues away!"  Several feelers out now to family and friends for that other bed in the room. 

Last year I saw Joe at the Beacon in NY, my brother-in-law came with me, he wanted to see NY, not Joe.  I need to go see Joe with someone who wants to see Joe!  Or, at the very least, someone who wants to hear some awesome blues.

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

I noticed something interesting when I was booking my cruise today. There is a survey to see which artists you were most interested in seeing and Ana Popovic was in the list. I don't see her listed on the main website, so I'm wondering if that was an error or what. I sure hope it's not a mistake. I'd love to see her and haven't had any opportunities nearby yet.

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

that mean Joe and the other bands going to stay on board for the whole tour or are they going to bail once their set is done on the next docking port?

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Pretty sure they are stuck on the boat for the entire time.

Here's the ship   http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/pearl/overview
My only cruising experience has been the Blues Cruise, and there are NO rules on that ship! smile LOL  However, I feel comfortable stating that, since this is Joe's charity, and the other artists are his guests, he will be staying on the ship. Om the BC, there were many jams as well as scheduled shows. If (and I'm hoping this happens) there is a stage erected on the pool deck, then these jams can last until sunrise and you'll see folks play together you'll never see again.
My niece cruises on this ship with the bands 311 and Ballyhoo and it's party central! http://www.311cruise.com/   As for other artists, I imagine the list will grow with time smile

How badass would it be if they could get the Allman Brothers band on board before Warren and Derek leave the band (even though they're supposed to leave at the end of the year)?

Got it booked. Very easy, hassle free experience. Just got a long time to get excited. :-)

Going to book tomorrow, my wife and I going on an adventure, albeit have to pay for flights from the UK on top - time to save (just!). Never been on a cruise before, I have no doubt it will be worth all the cash though - you only live once! (I expect a brief jamming session with Joe, one on one, as a bonus for my commitment though haha) wink

Well just booked it Dano. Never been to Hawaii or Miami so I guess Miami it is. First cruise too. Didn't do the Blues Boat all those years ago but have a feeling this will be pretty cool and just the few guest named are enough to get me excited for it.

I called and talked to someone and she was very helpful helping me choose the right cabin. I would suggest that if you have never cruised before and don't know what is good or bad as far as cabin selection. I hate winter but come on winter.

68 (edited by gary 2014-04-24 23:43:51)

Anyone need their own personal cabin boy?

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Maybe I can get my Gorilla in the lineup?

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

If it sailed from Edinburgh I would go smile smile

jddarden wrote:

If you can afford it, it is better to get a cabin with a balcony, so you have a good view of the outside.  The worst thing for seasickness is being inside with no stable points of reference (such as shoreline or horizon).

If you are worried about getting seasick there are several things you can do:

1. Buy the wristbands (available at any drugstore) and keep them on.

2.  Get some Bonine.  You can get Dramamine too, but that will make you sleepy.  Start taking it the night before you leave, again the first thing in the morning, then every day you are on the cruise.

3. You can also have your doctor prescribe the Scopolamine patch.  This is a tricky option, as there are possible side effects.  I used this before going deep sea fishing in Cozomel last year, and it made me dizzy and disoriented.  I took it off and managed to stumble my way onto the boat.  After about an hour I was much better....and did not get seasick.

4.  Buy some ginger gum and chew it if starting to feel queasy.  Or ginger snaps, ginger ale, etc.

5.  At the first sign of sickness...get out on deck in the fresh air, and look at the shore (if possible), or the horizon.  Anything that is "fixed" to give your brain a stable point of reference.

Cool. Thanks.  I did end up getting the balcony option. Only live once and all that smile