Topic: Modesto show last night!

Hello forum friends, I'll give you a quick review. This venue is located in the downtown area where it's being revitalized. Probably built in the 30s, this old movie theater was restored awhile back, very nice! It was really cool to drive by the place and look at the marque an read " Joe Bonamassa tonight....SOLD OUT...." And Joe didnt lose sight of that and thanked the crowd for showing some love as well as Sloe Gin being on top of the billboard charts for 5 weeks in a row. I got to touch on the crowd a bit. When Crosby came out for his set you could hear a pin drop!, you talk about fan manners, these people were the epitome of classy, I whispered to my brother " I wunder what Crosby is thinking, this is like being in school, and the teacher is giving a lesson, I've never heard a crowd of 800 people so subdued! " I got a chance to hook up with Daryl ( Bluezman ) and his girlfriend before the show and chat. They had already been to see the band, I told him I was going to avoid the guys tonight, theve seen me hanging with Jdawg at the last 4 shows, and the last thing I wanted them thinking is "what a loser that Shred guy is following us around"...lol.. I did run into Carmine after the show, he always gracious to everyone no matter who they are. The show was amazing once again, and people I chatted with were in awe, this show had been heavily advertised on the local rock station "The Hawk" for weeks, and most had heard about it from that. Joe gave them 2 encores, and played "Ball Peen Hammer" to close the show. Believe me this crowd wasnt ready for an ending, they were not the "subdued" people I took them for. One guy I talked with said the one song with the beautiful guitar Joe was playing (mountain time) just blew him away! I gave the guy a little history on the albums and DVDs, and I believe he bought everything on display at the show.

Shred

Re: Modesto show last night!

Forgot one thing, talked to a musician who said Frank Marino was at the show, I searched hard to find him, no luck, probably back stage I'm sure

hi shredit sounds that you have head your first inkognito Bonamassa gig....lol
i go to two Konzerts next month then i have seen the guys 4 times this jear
and at one conzert i was joe was not comming (Grolsch Blusfestival)otherwise it were 5 times in a jear

11.10.2007 Köln (colone)Kantine i think not so big venue
and 12.10.2007Amsterdam with all the listet Forumpeople 
near....here (amsterdam is sould out weeks ago
later i give yo a revue
Greetz Geko

Shredit wrote:

Forgot one thing, talked to a musician who said Frank Marino was at the show, I searched hard to find him, no luck, probably back stage I'm sure

Shred, did you ask this guy if he was drunk or on acid or both? The only place Frank Marino was backstage Fri. night was the Canyon Club in Las Vegas where he was playing that night. GEEZ, I run out of gas and miss one show and fantasy sightings kick in. Did this guy catch Elvis & Michael Jackson when they flew past the venue in that flying saucer????

I Know It's True,
                                                                                       It was In The Enquirer,

J Dawg

Here's the story, we're goin' for the glory, watch out MF, you're in Bear territory!!!!

Cal Bears ROCK!!!!

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Frank was not in Modesto Friday night I was and if frank was there Me and Dave would have known  it anyway as far as the show goes Joe Delivered as always I want to thank Jdawg Dave (sherd)And Joe and the band JR and Melessa But most of all Joe for playing so many Nor Cal Dates This week went by so fast with Joe  around I cant wait for Next year We here in nor cal are working on some great Venues for JOE  NEXT YEAR And as it looks they will rock and Jdawg dive safely we Enjoyed your company at   Tommy Castro In Sonoma today was kick a$$ We Got hammered I had a great time Julie Said Hi and so did the chick she brought home for you hahahah!! will send you her ### 
Peace
Julz & Bluezman

P.S here some stuff Joe Sign At the Modesto show Check It Out

[img]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff148/bluezman4u/th_joesige.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff148/bluezman4u/th_joeallact.jpg[/img]

I got blisters on my bloody fingers (JL)

I'm so fu$K*n Drunk right now sorry if i miss spelled any thing good Night Im hammered
Bluezman

Shred - You wrote you would be in row H  and gave seat #s and i looked but either didnt remember who you were or didnt see you - i think the latter. Sorry I missed meeting you again - hope you enjoyed yourself.

Anyhow, the show in Modesto was amazing of course, but missed part of Joe's set due to Traffic and Cell Phones and Work, Oh MY!!! (bay area - grrrr).  That bummed me out a lil, but glad to be there for as much as I could be.

The security guy swore up and down that there would be no meet and greet so I left, and after 2 hours driving there and missing part of the show and about 1.5 hours back, can't believe I'm seeing signed stuff and that they were around somewhere at some point and met with some of their fans. I'm a lil disappointed by that, but hey, I finally got to see Joe Bonamassa, not once but twice in just over a week, AND I got to meet him and Bogie at SF, so who am I to complain???

I'd have like to have met all of them and thanked them for a great show again, but maybe this is the best way to do so this time.

I enjoyed myself and appreciated every moment of it - amazing!

keytothehighway wrote:

Shred - You wrote you would be in row H  and gave seat #s and i looked but either didnt remember who you were or didnt see you - i think the latter. Sorry I missed meeting you again - hope you enjoyed yourself.

Anyhow, the show in Modesto was amazing of course, but missed part of Joe's set due to Traffic and Cell Phones and Work, Oh MY!!! (bay area - grrrr).  That bummed me out a lil, but glad to be there for as much as I could be.

The security guy swore up and down that there would be no meet and greet so I left, and after 2 hours driving there and missing part of the show and about 1.5 hours back, can't believe I'm seeing signed stuff and that they were around somewhere at some point and met with some of their fans. I'm a lil disappointed by that, but hey, I finally got to see Joe Bonamassa, not once but twice in just over a week, AND I got to meet him and Bogie at SF, so who am I to complain???

I'd have like to have met all of them and thanked them for a great show again, but maybe this is the best way to do so this time.

I enjoyed myself and appreciated every moment of it - amazing!

Whats up Key, sorry you missed part of the show, I know all about that bay area traffic, my wife and I grew up in Fremont also ( Kennedy high class of 76). I was in row H, and I remember what you look like wish I had seen you. As far as the band signing some stuff, I heard that a they were at the bus before the show, maybe thats when peeps got the autographs.

Shred

P.S....... If you got a second, I got a quick story for ya! My brother and I were dead center on row H. In front of me to my left, was a group of 6 peeps. I noticed when we all got in our seats before the show, that there was a woman among those peeps that was absolutely stunning, She hads to be 6 feet 2 inches, long brown hair with enough plasic sugery to pay my mortgage payment for a year. You might even had "caught her act", she was drinking way to much I guess, by the middle of Joes set, she is standing up do a "stripper show" with her clothes on. Embarrassing is not even close to what this lady was doing, so I leaned over the seat and tell a woman who was with her, to tell that fool to sit down! She's says to me she does that all the time, so ask if she had an "old man" with her, the guy next to her was her boyfriend. He looks back at me and throws a dirty look, so I leaned in and tell him what I thought of his girlfriend and him for letting her do that. Guess he was enjoying her act as much as her, but finally got her to sit down. Cant remember the last time, I had to tell some one in front of me and behind me (another couple of fools) to chill out!

hey shred I saw that same chick as i was standing in line at the restroom in the lobby she licked me on the back of  my neck and ask me if this was the womens bathroom the two dudes in front of me looked at me then her with that LOOK and i replied only if you want it to be:)) then i pointed to the line of women across the hall she was hot but she was also way too drunk
when i returned  to my seat and told Julz about it she busted out laughing and replied you always of all the fun hehe anyway all and all it was a great show I just want to say how lucky we here in Nor Cal have been the past week to have so many opportunities to see Joe play I just wanted to thank Joe and the band for the time they took to talk with us sign stuff for us and for just keep it real it was a pressure also shred jdawg all the other street teamer all are good and cool peeps also Jay & Rachael and Melessa awesome peeps as well Looking forward to the next  northern Cali tour

Bluezman

In Santa Cruz Thur. night I was standin' with Tiran off and on during Joe's set enjoying his reaction and at one point some guys chattering next to us at the bar and Tiran says hey Dawg you know why God made loud R&R music? I say no why? To drown out mofo's like that guy, all I could say was right on!

Hush,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

11 (edited by Rocket 2007-10-01 11:55:08)

Shred, Bluezman, Keytothehighway, sounds like a veritable blast-off was had by all except Jdawg (ran out of gas?).  Shred avoiding the guys is good, as Geko says, incognito, gives others the inroad to visiting with 'em. Keytothehighway, what's the hurry? You aren't supposed to leave this town 'til tomorrow?! You seem ok with it, but my advice next time is avoid security and wander like a city rat and ask and ask, ye shall usually seek & find, unless of course it's "the drummer", who indergoes changes in appearance after shows. Bogie's a Superhero, see, and he changes in and out like Superman, in a phone booth-just try finding one of those these days you see his dilema. Frank Marino fantasy sightings have been determined by my sources to have been a forum lurker, yes, indded in an altered state (Nevada, and thought he was in Nirvana).  He recalled discussion of hopeful paths crossing by a few of us, like I said wrong state of mind, wrong state geographically...

Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

P.S. Re: the broad...she takes it all off  she takes off! Same with the evil grimacing hoser...Take Off!

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

12 (edited by ohiodawg13 2007-10-01 11:56:34)

Bluezman wrote:

I'm so fu$K*n Drunk right now sorry if i miss spelled any thing good Night Im hammered
Bluezman

My legs are sore from dancin', my throat is raw from talkin' over Tommy's playin', and my heads a whole 'nother story. Perhaps we didn't need that last round, oh what the hell, that was a fun, fun, fun day. Don't forget I've got a 99% polished copy of Tari's CD for you and Julz and the release party is Dec. 1st in Concord. No doubt Tommy will be there unless he's got a gig that night.

What happened to Mr. & Mrs. RPIC?

J Dawg

I would rather go blind than go on livin' without you!!!

Then poke my eyes out BABY!!!

from one bluesman to another thats sounds like good solid advise I believe I'll use it next time

Peace:)
bluezman

Shred, I was jawing with Tommy and Roy his sax player after their set yesterday and asked if the bus was still rolling and they defended her like the crew of a battleship. Roy says that old beauty has crisscrossed the country 6 times and never let them down oil leaks and all. He added she purrs right across the Rockies and the Sierras like it's flat ground. Next chance you get to catch up with them casually drop a little conversation about the bus. I shoulda asked, I bet they probably have a name for it.

She's A Painkiller,

J Dawg

CAL BEARS # 3 IN THE COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bluezman wrote:

from one bluesman to another thats sounds like good solid advise I believe I'll use it next time

Peace:)
bluezman

Ya Think?????????

Dawg

yyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaa hell i was fine till a got home that damn Makers Mark kept calling my name over and over again smile you know drink me drink me damn i even heard it in my dreams or maybe i just woke up dreaming hmm?

Bluezman has now left the building theres  this thing called work the story goes something like this bleh bleh bleh Im sooooooooooo late hehe
l8erz
Bluezman

We did disappear for awhile but went back to the same spot at the end of Tommy set to say goodbye and couldnt find you.

rpic wrote:

We did disappear for awhile but went back to the same spot at the end of Tommy set to say goodbye and couldnt find you.

ahh we were in the back stage area to the left taking with tari and then after the show talking with a few of the band members jdawg did go to look for you guys we all went over to stieners after to have a few drinks smile

peace
Bluezman