Topic: Moes Alley last night!

Hello worldwide fans of Joe Bonamassa.  I got to see a show last night that cant possibly be topped!!!  This little club was CRUSHED, it was like having the band play in your living room. We were on top of the stage, all of us standing, hell I could have yanked Joe on his behind I was that close. The stage was so small, I'm surprised they got the entire band on the thing. Jdawg and I mingled to get a feel for the place, there were quite a few bonavirgins there. Some had just recently found Joe, were forum lurkers, musicians themselfs, or just people who wanted to check out this "guitar phenom" that was written in the local music magazine. Crosby came out and FINALLY got some genuine love from the crowd, he wasnt just an opening act to them. He got a great round of applause, even though he played the last 2 songs with a broken string. The band came out and it was ON!!! It looked like the whole band turned it up a notch, we were all over them, guess the band couldnt resist. Never seen Rick stand up and tear into it like that, Carmine was enjoying this tight little gig also, and Bogies solo was epic! Oh yeah that Joe guy was on fire, I had to scan the crowd again for a pulse, what do you think? If your got a JB card from the DAWG and I, welcome, love to hear what you thought of the show.

Shred

P.S.....I'm sorry I cant remember all you names people but it was very cool to chat with all of you. And if you were lucky enough to see my poster Joe signed, then eat your heart out!!...LOL

Re: Moes Alley last night!

How are we ever going to get you guys out of the clouds?? It seems to always be a grand time when the Bonamaniacs of the Left Coast Gather...Rock on Brothers....Cathy

It was an awesome show on Thursday.  Very cool to meet Shedit as well.  This was my third time seeing Joe and the second time seeing him at Moe's.  Overall I was super impressed at how tight the band played together.  The groove on some of the songs was epic.  Carmine was so in the pocket with Bogie that it was monumental.  I also loved the keyboard under many of the songs.  It added a great vibe and texture to songs like Mountain Time and Django. 

I'm a huge Les Paul lover and I was in awe of Joe's playing on his 3 historics.  Just phenomenal! That Category 5 amp looked pretty sweet too, nice compliment to the Jubilee. However, it was the acoustic set with Woke Up Dreaming that kept my jaw dropped for the rest of the night. Shitake!!!!!!!!  That was such a tour deforce-sent me home to do some heavy woodshedding on my guitar playing.

Definitely a great show!  Joe, Come back to Santa Cruz anytime-you should play the Catalyst.

Shred- Very well said......"A show that can't possibly be topped".

I love being at a Bonamassa show, like the one at Moes,  looking around at the crowd, catching someone eye from far away (well at Moes they aren't that far), someone that you dont even know and you both just shake your head in dis-beleivement. We all know the look.

What was written on that wall in the U.K. years ago about Clapton? Well, someone please go change the name.

It was a blast to hang with you and The Dwag.......and yes Shred, I'am eating my heart out.

As I said in my intro... * Great to meet Shred and J'Dawg at Moe's Alley last night...

It had been awhile since I first heard Joe open for Jonny Lang in July '02 at the Mountain Winery, but last night was a great show at (mini) Moe's in Santa Cruz.  Small venues rock!

Another highlight o' the night was meeting Shred and J'Dawg - you twin brothers of different muthers made it a special time....Thanks!

TOJ - the other John

PS - see you in March...