Topic: Somebody has a new VERTEX board...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwsT6oaiHc8

Guessing this is for quick "in and out" type deals, or warm-up, or whatever..?

Looks pretty slick. Especially autographing one's own fuzz pedal wink

Re: Somebody has a new VERTEX board...

Interesting.
I had my JB wah "first" in the chain (well really 3rd since the wireless receiver and the tuner where 1st/2nd ) then I had my Keeley Fuzz Head then my Liquid Blues driver.
I found I had too much noise when the wah was engaged.
so I had to move the Fuzz Head and the Liquid Blues pedals before the wah, sounds better now and not so noisy or 'airy' sounding.

On the Vertex board, he has some wires running around that board from top right down to bottom left and back. wow, lots of cable runs.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

The pedalboard looks similar to the one Joe used at the Borderline, going on a few quick shots in the video so i cant be 100% certain.

Cool review - thanks for posting.

That dude from Vertex effects (I can't remember his name now) has a well respected reputation over on TGP.  I believe he has designed and built boards for several big name guitar players.  Looks like he is now branching out from just designing boards to building his own effects units.  Cool. 

Joe must really like his overdrive unit to put it on the board.

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

Cool "tour", thanks Seth!

Devan wrote:

Cool review - thanks for posting.

That dude from Vertex effects (I can't remember his name now) has a well respected reputation over on TGP.  I believe he has designed and built boards for several big name guitar players.  Looks like he is now branching out from just designing boards to building his own effects units.  Cool. 

Joe must really like his overdrive unit to put it on the board.

Vertex built the effects board for Matt Schofield so Joe is in good company!

I thought it was just a Joe B inspired board at the start due to the lack of amp switching capabilities

Obviously it is actually Joe's though. Just wondering what he is going to use it for.

Les Paul Geek, nut, obsessed etc. etc.

Rich85 wrote:

I thought it was just a Joe B inspired board at the start due to the lack of amp switching capabilities

Obviously it is actually Joe's though. Just wondering what he is going to use it for.

Yeah i thought it was a inspired by board so i thought they where selling them. I contacted them and they said that it is in fact Joe's
cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Rich85 wrote:

Seeing that it has an international capable power supply, I am assuming that it would be the board Joe takes overseas with him??  I remember checking out his pedalboard in Adelaide that he used during his 2010 Australian tour - it looked very similar to this Vertex board as far as pedals go.  (Joe actually said it was his BCC board).

Pic I took of his 2010 Adelaide board:  https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3319/577 … 289580.jpg

I assume this board will go with him to Australia/Asia etc. as well as perhaps his RCFP gigs etc??

Hopefully in August where there are no current tour dates we will see it here in Aus then!

I'm honestly not happy about these videos. All I asked was to have Mason clean up my fly board. I keep seeing these videos about how this is my new rig. Not cool.  Dave Friedman built my main board.  That is my main board.  I am very disturbed to be treated like this. Rig rundowns on something I've never tried????

Keep it!

Joe B

Totally understandable.

Your simple private request has turned into public ad.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

I'm honestly not happy about these videos. All I asked was to have Mason clean up my fly board. I keep seeing these videos about how this is my new rig. Not cool.  Dave Friedman built my main board.  That is my main board.  I am very disturbed to be treated like this. Rig rundowns on something I've never tried????

Keep it!

Joe B

Wow Joe yeah that is bad form for sure on this guys part. I can see why you should be upset

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Probably should have been kept as a private job, but I understand that Mason is trying to do some active marketing of his work to broaden his market reach.  He's also done a "Rig Tour" video of Wayne Krantz's board.

To be fair, Mason never actually said it was Joe's new rig.  He started the video by saying this was "the Joe Bonamassa pedalboard".  Can be read many ways.  If he had said "this is Joe's official pedalboard" then there could be an issue.  But if it is in fact a rewire job for Joe, then you could still technically say this is "the Joe B pedalboard" in the sense that it was a project done for Joe B.

Could have been worded better.  Rewatching it, I can see that the focus was mainly on the routing and thought process behind how he designed it.  Joe's name was mentioned a couple of times because of the sig pedals, but overall, I think it was mainly a 'guitar geek' type expose which I found interesting.

I think the fact that a few of us here (myself totally included) assumed this was an official custom build board (as opposed to a rewiring of the fly board) probably swayed the discussion that way when it should have just been a simple "Hey, here is one way to wire up a pedalboard smartly"...

Devan wrote:

Probably should have been kept as a private job, but I understand that Mason is trying to do some active marketing of his work to broaden his market reach.  He's also done a "Rig Tour" video of Wayne Krantz's board.

To be fair, Mason never actually said it was Joe's new rig.  He started the video by saying this was "the Joe Bonamassa pedalboard".  Can be read many ways.  If he had said "this is Joe's official pedalboard" then there could be an issue.  But if it is in fact a rewire job for Joe, then you could still technically say this is "the Joe B pedalboard" in the sense that it was a project done for Joe B.

Could have been worded better.  Rewatching it, I can see that the focus was mainly on the routing and thought process behind how he designed it.  Joe's name was mentioned a couple of times because of the sig pedals, but overall, I think it was mainly a 'guitar geek' type expose which I found interesting.

I think the fact that a few of us here (myself totally included) assumed this was an official custom build board (as opposed to a rewiring of the fly board) probably swayed the discussion that way when it should have just been a simple "Hey, here is one way to wire up a pedalboard smartly"...

Hi Deven
When I first saw this I read it as this is Joes pedal board. I also thought that they were selling it as a new signature pedal board based on Joes. I contacted them and they said no they are not selling these and that this is in fact Joes board. So if it were me and someone used my pedal board to try to sell their business without my knowledge whatever way you want to word it is wrong. Clearly they should have asked Joe first. Simply put it appears to me they used Joes name without his permission. Bad bad move no class

Thats definitely not cool

Nowhere did I see or read that this is a new Main Board or a "Signature Board" in any capacity.

I saw it as a builder who is proud of his work, showing a project for a professional artist who also thought highly of his capabilities, to enlist him to tweak/rework/clean-up an effects board. The Vertex badge riveted on the aluminum boarder is advertisement anyway when this board is used.

I didn't gather from the video that Vertex was looking to sell anything based off anyone's name as he states in the comments section and commentary that some of the products on the board are not for sale to the public. As Devan has said, Vertex has a growing reputation however I don't see how this video was in any way meant to damage that. We all as gear enthusiasts thought it was cool to see it and gain an insight as to how it is wired and how it works. Nothing more.

helrazr84 wrote:

Nowhere did I see or read that this is a new Main Board or a "Signature Board" in any capacity.

I saw it as a builder who is proud of his work, showing a project for a professional artist who also thought highly of his capabilities, to enlist him to tweak/rework/clean-up an effects board. The Vertex badge riveted on the aluminum boarder is advertisement anyway when this board is used.

I didn't gather from the video that Vertex was looking to sell anything based off anyone's name as he states in the comments section and commentary that some of the products on the board are not for sale to the public. As Devan has said, Vertex has a growing reputation however I don't see how this video was in any way meant to damage that. We all as gear enthusiasts thought it was cool to see it and gain an insight as to how it is wired and how it works. Nothing more.

I took it that way too. As an engineer I was interested in the nuances of wiring to eliminate crosstalk and loops. Both the bane of players. A nice piece of work IMO.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381