1 (edited by retlawv 2014-03-02 04:43:43)

Topic: Joe Bonamassa - Koninklijk Circus Brussels 1/03/2014

What an amazing gig from Joe and his amazing band members.  Joe played 2h15 min.  The sound was
fabulous and Joe played a few amazing solo's. He played also a few new songs 'Oh Beautiful' and 'Love Ain't A Love Song'. What a great concert and what a great band. I loved every second of this gig.

Setlist

Acoustic

Woke Up Dreaming
Seagull
Jelly Roll
Black Lung Heartache
Around The Bend
Jockey Full Of Bourbon
Stones In My Passway
Ball Peen Hammer
Athens to Athens

Electric

Dust Bowl
Oh Beautiful
Who's Been talking
Midnight Blues
Slow Train
Driving Towards The Daylight
Love Ain't A Love Song
Sloe Gin
Ballad Of John Henry

Encores

Django
Mountain Time

Walter from Belgium

2 (edited by Pantera 2014-03-03 03:29:36)

Re: Joe Bonamassa - Koninklijk Circus Brussels 1/03/2014

Here's my review of this gig. It was my 1st time at one of his concerts. I hope Joe will read this.

When i arrived it was crowded. Of course because the show was sold out. I went straight to the merchandising and bought myself a cd (Joe's CD's are very hard to find in music stores in Belgium) and a box of mediators. Maybe he put a little bit of his magic in them....I could use a little help to learn guitar faster tongue The shopping finished i went to my seat. It was 19.45 so 15 minutes before the gig. The show started right on time: 20.00 sharp yikes. It was a surprise 'cos' in Belgium, shows always start with at least a 30 minutes delay.
the gig started and the magic started too...Joe in a circle of accoustic guitars for the 1st part of the show and them, joe in a suit  changing electric guitar evry song. from the beginning 'til the end i had stars in my eyes. How can someone play like this...Geee. yikes between the amazing guitar solos and the beautiful lyrics of some of his songs just like sloe gin...You were carried away by the show. I liked his generosity in the way he treated his musicians giving them space to express themselves with their instruments. The solo drums - percussions and the keyboard solo were also amazing.
It's probably the best gig i've seen in a long time.

I came back home with stars in my eyes, stars that i still had when i fell into morpheus' arms...

I've been able to take a lot of pics and videos (repsecting the pics policy: it was taken with a phone so no lights...and no disturbances for anybody...). So i have souvenirs. cool

I wasn't able to meet him but i hope i'll have a chance one of these days. 'cos something is certain. I will go back to one of his gig.

I must admit though that since i've seen him on stage i don't know wether i must go on with the guitar lessons or drop it right away! :emb

Pantera wrote:

Here's my review of this gig. It was my 1st time at one of his concerts. I hope Joe will read this.

When i arrived it was crowded. Of course because the show was sold out. I went straight to the merchandising and bought myself a cd (Joe's CD's are very hard to find in music stores in Belgium) and a box of mediators. Maybe he put a little bit of his magic in them....I could use a little help to learn guitar faster tongue The shopping finished i went to my seat. It was 19.45 so 15 minutes before the gig. The show started right on time: 20.00 sharp yikes. It was a surprise 'cos' in Belgium, shows always start with at least a 30 minutes delay.
the gig started and the magic started too...Joe in a circle of accoustic guitars for the 1st part of the show and them, joe in a suit  changing electric guitar evry song. from the beginning 'til the end i had stars in my eyes. How can someone play like this...Geee. yikes between the amazing guitar solos and the beautiful lyrics of some of his songs just like sloe gin...You were carried away by the show. I liked his generosity in the way he treated his musicians giving them space to express themselves with their instruments. The solo drums - percussions and the keyboard solo were also amazing.

I came back home with stars in my eyes, stars that i still had when i fell into morpheus' arms...

I've been able to take a lot of pics and videos (repsecting the pics policy: it was taken with a phone so no lights...and no disturbances for anybody...). So i have souvenirs. cool

I wasn't able to meet him but i hope i'll have a chance one of these days. 'cos something is certain. I will go back to one of his gig.

I must admit though that since i've seen him on stage i don't know wether i must go on with the guitar lessons or drop it right away! :emb

Joe has that affect on most of us. Keep trying. Only time will tell. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

PSmith1946 wrote:
Pantera wrote:

Joe has that affect on most of us. Keep trying. Only time will tell. big_smile

+1! Glad you had an amazing time at the show. We mere mortals just pluck the strings and dream of 1/10th the talent.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Pantera wrote:

Don't give up on guitar! Joe certainly would not want you or anybody to give up because of seeing him. He is awe inspiring for sure and a hell of a nice guy.
cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Thanx everybody for the encouragements. wink

My review and pictures

http://www.rootstime.be/LIVE/MAART2014/ … MASSA.html

@ Retlawv,

I ga totaal akkoord met jouw review. wink

retlawv wrote:

My review and pictures

Wish I were a translater...

Great pictures,  try Google Translator

annaforjoe wrote:
retlawv wrote:

My review and pictures

Wish I were a translater...

Try google translator. That is not correct for 100 % but i'm sure that you can read what i wrote .

Loving the new Les Paul..!!

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet