Topic: Afterglow

As there is no forum on the BCC website I have posted this Dutch review here. I think everyone will have a wry smile at the last sentence :

http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showreview.p … mp;lang=en

Re: Afterglow

Kenny wrote:

As there is no forum on the BCC website I have posted this Dutch review here. I think everyone will have a wry smile at the last sentence :

http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showreview.p … mp;lang=en

That was great thanks for posting
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Thabks Kenny Nice to read reviews of Afterglow,Keep em coming

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Wow

A BCC/Afterglow thread thats still around after a couple of hours. !!!

I must have missed the 'ruling' about removing the old threads, can somebody enlighten me as to who instigated the removal and why?

Afterglow threads are fine. As long as they are about the music and don't drift off towards the drama and what if's that seem to follow.

Not long to wait now. A good month of rock with the Zep release in the cinema.
Still don't understand why the official forum was closed? I provided a lot of info on the music and gear...and much less on conflict.

7 (edited by hulldanfan 2012-10-02 08:30:38)

DaveWammbarro wrote:

Not long to wait now. A good month of rock with the Zep release in the cinema.
Still don't understand why the official forum was closed? I provided a lot of info on the music and gear...and much less on conflict.

Absolutely.

Unless there is something libellous and/or grossly indecent, then the whole purpose of a web forum is for people to express opinion and have discussion.  I dont want to upset anyone, but outside of those criteria, the job of a moderator is to moderate and not to censor.

Well the way I look at topics here is on this forum should be used to discuss all things Solo band and the music of BCC..... A great band with a good record coming out in October.  Fortunately there are many places that discuss the Joe/Glenn soap opera that Glenn has created over the past two months... This is just not one of them.. As a responsible shop keep I would be remiss in my duties.

I appreciate the understanding on this manner...  Censoring it is not but I will not let this deteriorate to a Glenn bashing or a bashing of myself,  again there are plenty of places for that in the new Darwinism of the modern day internet ... I have too much respect for the band to let that happen. 

Joe Bonamassa

"Not only am I the president, I am also a client... " Sy Sperling

I agree 100% Joe.... Focus on the music and the great progress as we anxiously await the release of BCC album. Keep rockin and can't wait to see ya perform 11/3 in St. Louis at the awesome Fox Theatre! Keep rockin and totally pumped for the upcoming show. Will be best 32nd Birthday present ever to have you in town on my Bday!!!!!

Cheers! Jason (from St. Louis)

LOVE IT JOE!!!
smile

Joe Bonamassa

Looking very forward to the album. Live over Europe is maybe my favourite album in 2012.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Well the way I look at topics here is on this forum should be used to discuss all things Solo band and the music of BCC..... A great band with a good record coming out in October.  Fortunately there are many places that discuss the Joe/Glenn soap opera that Glenn has created over the past two months... This is just not one of them.. As a responsible shop keep I would be remiss in my duties.

I appreciate the understanding on this manner...  Censoring it is not but I will not let this deteriorate to a Glenn bashing or a bashing of myself,  again there are plenty of places for that in the new Darwinism of the modern day internet ... I have too much respect for the band to let that happen. 

Joe Bonamassa

Joe - Thanks for your input.

Its true that these discussions are happening all over the Interweb.  Personally, I like information from the horses mouth or as close as I can get it.  Your personal input and the information from those close to your organisation are fantastic for that and I have often quoted your posts to people on other sites who spout ill-informed rubbish.

It's a fine line, but, if in doubt, could your moderators try removing offensive posts (with a warning) and not removing the whole thread?

13 (edited by mightyduck 2012-10-02 10:49:12)

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe Bonamassa

Amen to that. That`s why I love coming here, even though I`m not that much much of a poster, we get real input from the man himself, and that my friend is priceless. I love Joe, Glenn and BCC and as long as they all keep making music and shows, I`ll be a happy camper.

mightyduck wrote:
Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Joe Bonamassa

Amen to that. That`s why I love coming here, even though I`m not that much much of a poster, we get real input from the man himself, and that my friend is priceless. I love Joe, Glenn and BCC and as long as they all keep making music and shows, I`ll be a happy camper.

WELLSAID and I totally agree.  Love all the bands and people Joe plays with

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m … mID=180222

You'll get this thread closed down...

DaveWammbarro wrote:

Why? There's nothing negative in that link.

bonawho59 wrote:
DaveWammbarro wrote:

Why? There's nothing negative in that link.

Don't think that blaggerblog is a problem this time. The message is a bit more contrite if anything. Right now the media game is being played out. p
People are talking and the release will hopefully benefit from that. I just hope all the negativity has happened so early, that now the music can take over.

As has been said already it is great JB gives his take now again. That said, we can also pat ourselves on the back as well. The whole story was pretty well self managed by the forum members on here. Good comment, good perspectives, good resolutions.

Now I'm just waiting to bask in it..............the Afterglow that is..........

No Hits, No Hype.......................Classic Rock Jan 2012