Topic: Europe's Bag of Bones feat. JB and Kevin Shirley

Here's my review of Europe's new record, Bag of Bones, which features Joe Bonamassa playing some tasty slide on the title track, and fantastic production by Kevin Shirley. If you like the BCC side of Joe B, you may just dig this record. It's Europe's best ever, far from their pomp rock days - this is just simple classic rock done very, very well. Guitarist John Norum plays up a storm. Enjoy!

http://rockguitardaily.blogspot.com/201 … rolls.html

Re: Europe's Bag of Bones feat. JB and Kevin Shirley

John Norum is fantastic so is this album!! You are so right Tony.

I lilked their last album and love the new single. Definite buy for me.

4 (edited by gary 2012-04-13 20:24:36)

Hey Tony.I read your blog late last night and was thinking about posting on this.I have been looking for some sound clips,but it looks like nothings out till next week.I am very interested in this cd,given your review.Thanks and love reading work work!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

This is an absolutely fantastic record.  All the Europe guys give world class performances.  Great bit of slide guitar from JB on the title track, and a devastatingly good production job by Kevin Shirley.

First time I heard this on the radio I didn't believe it was Europe. All was superb and the Kevin Shirley influence had a lot to do with that. Definitely one for the list.

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Europe have made some very interesting albums in the past few years but my favourite of the last 4 is still "Start From the Dark"  (really surprised me by how different they sounded).

Start From the Dark - 9/10
Secret Society - 4/10
Last Look at Eden - 7/10
Bag of Bones - 8/10

That'd be how I'd rate them.

I've heard only the samples on iTunes of "Bag of Bones" - would like to hear the full thing before confirming/raising the rating.

mark-david wrote:

This is an absolutely fantastic record.

+ 1

Fantastic interview with Joey Tempest and Joe gets a mention.

http://www.metalforcesmagazine.com/site … ope-05-12/